Monday, January 30, 2012

Thankful

I am coming out of a couple years of being pushed and pulled in many different directions for the purchase of this home. The home is a blessing for sure, but I am just now realizing what the pressure has done to my body....the rushing, rushing for over a year. My adrenals, pancreas and thyroid are a mess and it has been a struggle to heal them. I am not going the traditional medicine route and I am not pointing fingers at anyone who does. We are all different and have different choices. I am going the holistic approach with foods and supplements and the WORD. I can't do anything worthwhile without knowing what God has to say about it and letting that knowledge carry me.

For the past several days my health has consumed me. In walking through it and trying to heal I also realized that my mind has been filled with needless worry. No more. I am retraining I tell ya. Retraining the mind. Joyce Meyer has a book called The battlefield of the mind. I am also reading a book for college that is called Willpower. Amazing how information from varied sources can point to the same thing.

I woke up singing rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice! And it was an extra treat that waking up also beside me was my sweet girl Sophie with that little cherub face to smooch on.

Thankful for today:
heat to warm my home
live music in many forms
4 people right here that readily give a smile, hug or quick wit
beautiful scenery out of every window
understanding people in my life

If you feel like life is spiraling out of control, take a moment and list some things you are thankful for....it helps.
Lori
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment