Phew the weather has been insane this November so far. Sunny days, cold nights, sideways rain...
Kinda hard to plan ahead to do outdoor things around this farm.
So far I have:
- harvested, separated and planted garlic
- shoveled yucky, nasty chicken poop
- cleaned nesting boxes and refilled with shavings--fluffed those nests real good!
- harvested Sugar Pumpkins
- harvested what I think are Long Pie Pumpkins
- harvested and saved seed from 2 kinds of Pole Beans, both heirloom varieties
- harvested and saved seed from peas, beautiful purple bloom heirloom variety
there isn't enough time in the day I tell ya!
I bartered a t-shirt quilt for some firewood. It was an interesting process. :)
I hope the recipient loves it! His mom seems to.
In the near future I need to:
finish apples for sauce and freezing chunks for pies and knobby cakes this winter
make a pattern for an essential oil zip case
get the front hall closet painted! procrastination is horrible or maybe I have too many projects going?
I seem to have this on and off switch that comes and goes with the gray skies. I am hoping that getting my B vitamins going again helps with that. Seems to already. I look forward to getting some of my Pinterest projects going for Christmas presents.