Thursday, June 2, 2011

flowers





 How did you like the stroll around my yard this rainy morning? Almost everything is in bloom. It's all so beautiful. What you can't see though is my very tall grass...the mower is back now and fixed thanks to Andy and as soon as the rains stop the yard will be mowed.

I have had some unexpected finances come up and decided that now is the perfect timing with school ending to start on those picnic quilts to bolster the ole checkbook to take care of those bills. I originally was going to make a bright patchwork with the greens, oranges and reds, but when I went into my stash and started seeing all of the gorgeous flowers I was inspired to make an English Garden inspired picnic quilt. Below is a photo of part of the pieces laid out on the pool table (much easier on the back) and the pinning has begun! :o)

The whole quilt top is made from repurposed/recycled furniture showroom pieces. I love that!

What do you think? I can't wait to finish it.
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment