Thursday, April 7, 2011

feeding :: more than food

I CANNOT believe that it has been a week since my last post. bad, bad blogger...
Maybe I secretly thought you liked the Plum cobbler? or maybe I  liked it? hehe

this morning I was writing to a friend about the garden..or more the dreams for it. I thought I would share them with you.


My garden is the corner of a pasture that I go to every morning after feeding the horse and steer. I gaze past the fence that will become a wide gate welcoming others to come stir the dirt and plant seed. For now the robins flit from horse apple to steer pile in search of treasure on the foggy mornings. BUT soon....soon there will be a country fence sectioning of that corner for more than steer and horse meals. SOON there will be helpful hands pounding in posts and stringing fencing, THEN you will hear the sound of the hungry rototiller turning the dirt for us that has been prepared by the livestock.
Then the fun comes...oh the dreaming I have done this past year since we have moved to this farm. the garden...THE GARDEN! First dreamed of to sustain my children and myself.
Now to sustain more than that in so many more ways.

Family plots, corn rows, garden chatter as friends weed, a Friendship House plot, green bean teepees built out of limbs from pruned plum trees, the sun beating down on my back and the crickets buzzing in the nearby slough.....

the garden...

No comments:

Post a Comment