Wednesday, August 24, 2011

pool room storage closet to library

 There are a lot of websites out there that are woman-owned and sharing what they are doing to change their homes. I love reading them and being inspired. The problem is I didn't know where to start. After a little talk with God and feeling pointed in the direction of the poolroom closet (which by the way was piled HIGH with stuff) I dug right in.

 before





 i heart the wainscoting on the walls!

After looking at it now it looks like all I did was paint and put up a shelf. not really. I shortened the depth of the shelves, added a new shelf lower, painted walls and the dresser. Zack (my son) cut all of the wood for me with his own circular saw. I love projects that people spend time together doing. Sophie helped me paint the golden wall area in the bottom half of the room.

it is still coming together, but I am loving it. I even took my new Better Homes & Gardens magazine fresh from the post box and a yummy cup of coffee yesterday morning and lounged on the couch in the morning sunshine. Boy am I glad that whoever built the home put a window in that storage room. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment