Monday, January 12, 2015

Activate





When I was praying for my word for the year I felt activate was it.  
Of course questions followed....is it "consistent" because you know I need more of that in my life.
nope, clearly the word is activate.

I searched online to see if official definitions lined up with what I was feeling in my heart that God was saying.

ac·ti·vate
verb
  1. make (something) active or operative.

synonyms:operate, switch on, turn on, start (up), set going, trigger (off), set in motion, initiateactuateenergize;


Seems pretty close. God is activating me...I have learned a lot in many areas of practical-ness (yep thats a word) in my life, but have learned a TON more about God's timing.
This past few months my heart has been broken so many times for others. I can see how that would weave into being activated for others and helping to activate others.

I was looking up synonyms to try and understand more of what God was telling me. I found actuate which led me to motivate. I love what Hebrews says about that. :)



Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works.







 I am excited to see how God brings the meaning of this word to come to pass in my and others lives. What do you feel is a new direction or maybe even a stronger emphasis on a direction that you are already on for this year?

Lori xo

No comments:

Post a Comment