Friday, May 27, 2011

around the farm :: chicks


Well hello friends! I Bet you thought I fell off the end of the earth right? I have been so super busy around this farm and school and the end of the year schooling of the kids. But here I am wanting to share some additions and changes going on here at the farm.

First off the bat is ....chicks! We have had chickens for years, but have been without them for the past year. I really wasn't sure that I wanted to even get them this year because of all of the other work that needs to be done around there this year. That all went out the window though when I thought of the minimal work that needs to be done to update the chicken coop. 

I already took down the old fencing and rolled it up to re-use it...we will add in hotwire too to deter the chicken buffet for the raccoons. ;o)










 I have to share this photo (below) with you. I was looking through photos on my laptop and came across this one that Sophie (9 years old) took. Am I the only one who loves it? boy do I!



No comments:

Post a Comment