Friday, January 11, 2013

A firm foundation

 
 Yet this I call to mind
    and therefore I have hope:
  Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
 They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
 Lamentations 3:21-23

There is one thing that I have come to know as never-changing in this world of ours....God's faithfulness. I can't even count the endless times that He has come through for the kids and I over the years, let alone in the countless times for my friends and family.

I believe firmly though that God partners with me. I think a lot of people get bitter towards God because they have this notion that God just gives to people. Sometimes that is the case, and I am so thankful for those times that I didn't have the strength and He still gave. But mostly in my life I have found that He holds it out and I partner with Him and receive it....I reach for it. 

Recently this is in the area of jobs to support my family. Before this it was in the form of a beautiful home, healthy friendships, nice vehicles, food in lean times, washers, dryers, health for my family and pets, college education.....the list goes on and on. 

I think the balance is in knowing when something is God's Will and when we are striving. This is still a road that I have to daily re-assess in my and my family's lives.

Anyway, I just wanted to encourage you if you find yourself wondering where God is in the midst of a circumstance you find yourself in that He is there. Sometimes (well most of the time) it feels like it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r for Him to answer. In those times I ask Him what I can be doing in the meantime and do it. Like Elisabeth Elliot, who found comfort and strength in a poem after her husband died "when you don't know what to do, do the next thing." 
Keeps our hands and minds busy while God is working out the details!

Lori xo



No comments:

Post a Comment