Saturday, August 25, 2012

Popping in!

I'm still here, really I am.

Been a very busy time here as I am sure it has been for you too! Summer is ending and everyone is scrambling to get in that last time away with the family as well as getting ready for Autumn.

School is drawing near for kiddos...that means ordering curriculum which is fun, but is time-consuming. We are really excited about what will be coming in the mail to enlarge the brains of the younger Barre's here :o)

(Aliss' birthday breakfast in bed-yes that is Ramen in the stemware-just what was ordered)

I am now the momma to TWO adult children. That sounds weird!

I lost a good friend to cancer. Went to her celebration of life ...with all of the photos of her and testimonies about her I almost expected to look over and see her sweet smile. She is dancing with Jesus now, it's just us left behind that have to get used to our days without her.

The garden is not a complete waste this summer. I shovel-turned a section (read small-er section) and have some amazing organic tomato plants thriving there. I planted them from seeds too! There coloring is so beautiful and in the morning their leaves actually sparkle. This was the first year that I have started tomato from seed. I usually buy the seedlings, but wanted to see how the organic seed would do. I am so pleased with them! I think the milk jug mini greenhouses helped tremendously.

I bought a volvo stationwagon and we are all really enjoying it. I love the gas savings!!

Getting used to not heading back to college this year after several years. Just finished up the exit loan counseling and feel a huge weight off of my shoulders. I have LOVED (!) the learning and reading books that I normally wouldn't gravitate toward, BUT there are many other areas that have gone neglected (like home organization) that NEED some immediate attention. ;o)

What are your plans as we head into Autumn? Is anyone making cider? We may be given a cider press from our sweet neighbor. I am so excited about that!

Hope your day is GREAT!
Lori

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you lost a friend, I'm so sorry to hear that. I am so glad I got to know you through school and I am so proud of you and your accomplishments. You are meant for wonderful things, Lori. I just feel that you will touch and better lives along your path. I know life has not always dealt you the best hands, but your faith is strong and you know to take the oddest thing and turn it into lemonade. I've watched your children blossom over the past four years and not surprised and what wonderful young adults they are turning out to be. Someday I am going to have to visit Melbourne Road and see first hand all the things you have accomplished. Keep up the good work Lori...
    (no I am not her mama, lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, thank you for that big hug! ;o)
      I am just as glad to have gotten to know you through college. I look forward to our friendship continuing outside of the "academic circles"...well, it probably won't be missing though because we are both life-long learners. :o)
      Yes, you are going to have to visit here.
      Thank you for the comments on the kids....they really are my greatest work and treasures!
      Lori xo

      Delete