Thursday, November 19, 2015

on again ... off again

Phew the weather has been insane this November so far. Sunny days, cold nights, sideways rain...
Kinda hard to plan ahead to do outdoor things around this farm. 

So far I have: 
  • harvested, separated and planted garlic
  • shoveled yucky, nasty chicken poop
  • cleaned nesting boxes and refilled with shavings--fluffed those nests real good!
  • harvested Sugar Pumpkins
  • harvested what I think are Long Pie Pumpkins
  • harvested and saved seed from 2 kinds of Pole Beans, both heirloom varieties
  • harvested and saved seed from peas, beautiful purple bloom heirloom variety

there isn't enough time in the day I tell ya!








I bartered a t-shirt quilt for some firewood. It was an interesting process. :) 
I hope the recipient loves it! His mom seems to.



In the near future I need to:
finish apples for sauce and freezing chunks for pies and knobby cakes this winter
make a pattern for an essential oil zip case
get the front hall closet painted! procrastination is horrible or maybe I have too many projects going?

I seem to have this on and off switch that comes and goes with the gray skies. I am hoping that getting my B vitamins going again helps with that. Seems to already. I look forward to getting some of my Pinterest projects going for Christmas presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment